Dinner tonight was inspired by stir fry. I love stir fry but decided to do it differently. I had pork chops in the fridge and planned to simply bake those and create a stir fry style topping. This meal is loaded with vegetables and that my friends is the goal.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 chop Calories: 150 • Fat: 9 g • Carbs: 10 g • Fiber: 3 g •
Protein: 7.5 g • Sugar: 5.8 g
- 4 pork chops
- 2 whole raw organic carrots
- diced can tomatoes
- 1 small onion or 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper organic
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- pepper and salt to taste
- sprinkling of garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Sprinkle pork chops with italian seasoning and pepper cook in 350° oven for 10 minutes
- Heat coconut oil in frying pan.
- Add julienne cut onion brown the onions. Tip: add a splash of water every now and then while browning to get tender onions.
- After onions are browned add julienne cut red pepper, carrots and can diced tomatoes.
- Cover and cook until tender.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and italian seasoning.
- Once veggies are tender add pork chops. Cover and cook until they are cooked throughout.
This dish was served with brown rice.