Friday, October 26, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies



Well all week the "man" has been begging me to make something sweet.  The quest is, can I trick him into thinking he is eating something sweet?  As most know I try not to use any sugar in my recipes.  I like to use natural sweeteners such as, honey, carrots, applesauce and so on.  So I took a shot and what I came up with is a deliciously not overly sweet oatmeal raisin cookie.  I found I can even eat these for breakfast as well as satisfy my sweet tooth in the evening.  These little cookies would be a great morning breakfast to hand to the kids as they run out the door.



Try them when you want something to satisfy but does not kick you off the diet wagon. 



Servings: 24 Size: 1 cookie Calories: 133  Fat: 5.7g  Carbs: 18.8g  Fiber: 2g  Protein: 2.6g  Sugar:  7.5g  Sodium: 58mg

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups rolled oats 
  • 1 cup oatmeal flour
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup raw honey
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Get Cooking:
Preheat oven to 350.  Grind 1 cup of oatmeal in food processor until flour consistency.  You may need a little over 1 cup oatmeal because when ground down it becomes less.  Make sure there is 1 cup oat flour.  In a large mixing bowl add melted butter, applesauce, honey, eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.  mix until blended.  Lastly add raisins and coconut.  Place small balls on ungreased baking pan and smash the cookie down.  Cookies will not spread so how you shape them is how they will come out.  Bake for 14 minutes.  Yum, Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment