Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sour Cream & Chive Potato Salad


This is a potato salad recipe I was dying to recreate.  I love the potato salad from a local sandwich shop here in Boston, Parrish Cafe.  It has this reminiscent flavor of sour cream and onion chips.  I decided I could substitute the mayonnaise and sour cream for nonfat plain greek yogurt.  This lends the flavor of sour cream without the high fat content.
This potato salad is a great side to ham or turkey at your Holiday feasts.  Also perfect for summer barbecues.  Enjoy it!




Healthy Tidbits: Low in Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium.  High in Potassium, Vitamin B6 and C.


Servings:  6  Size:  1/2 cup Calories:  137 Fat:  0.6g Carbs:  29g  Fiber:  3g Protein:  4.8g Sugar:  2.4g Sodium:  34mg

Ingredients:

  • 5 red potatoes
  • 3 tbsp. 0% plain greek yogurt
  • 3 tsp. dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. red onion diced very small
  • 2 tbsp. celery diced small
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • chives to taste.  1 tbsp or more
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tsp of each:
    • parsley
    • dehydrated onion
    • cayenne pepper 1/4 tsp


Get Cooking:
Boil the diced potatoes until fork tender.  Drain the potatoes.  In a bowl add potatoes and all the ingredients and mix. Refrigerate until cold and serve.  Yum, Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! I have never made potato salad. Ever! And I have never had plain yogurt. However, I had an urge for potato salad and actually found your recipe by doing a Google Image search for white potato salad, or something like that. :) I didn't know what I wanted in it, but I knew what I wanted it to look like! And I wanted a reduced mayo version. I may tinker with it a bit, but this was really very good. And healthy... if you don't count the carbs. Ha! Thanks again!

    Michael,
    Hartford CT

    ReplyDelete