Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs


      This past weekend Jeff and I were invited to a game night at a friend's house.  Our rainy Friday was the perfect weather to have a night in playing games with friends, wine and good food.  Of course I wanted to help out and bring something, and my duty was to bring an appetizer.  As most know by know I try to make my dishes as healthy as I can.  While thinking of what to bring I remembered Brian, whose house we were going to, loves anything buffalo chicken! This is what led me to the creation of buffalo chicken meatballs.  



These meatballs are perfect for those following the Paleo diet or are living a gluten free lifestyle.  Instead of breadcrumbs to hold the meatballs together I used riced cauliflower.  These were absolutely delicious!  They were a big hit and I will be making these over and over.  I love the idea that I can serve these buffalo treats to the boys during football Sunday and they will never know they are secretly good for them.  Teeee Heee Heee. 



Healthy Tidbits: No saturated Fat, High in Vit. A and C

Servings:  24  Size:  1 meatball  Calories:  22  Fat:  0.3g  Carbs:  0.7g  Fiber:  0g  Protein:  4.3g  Sugar:  0g  Sodium:  223mg

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound Ground Breast of Chicken 
  • 1/3 cup Franks RedHot Hot Sauce 
  • 2 celery stalks 
  • 1 carrot
  • 3/4 cup cauliflower riced and drained of water
  • 1/4 cup onion diced
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt


Get Cooking:
This makes about 15-24 depending how large you like your meatballs.  In a large bowl place all ingredients and mix well with your hands.  Rice Cauliflower, Learn how to HERE.  After the ingredients are incorporated well create meatballs and place on a wire rack used to cool cookies.  Place the wire rack on a baking pan lined with foil.  Cooking meatballs on a wire rack allow the excess water from all of the veggies to drain onto the baking pan.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Serve with blue cheese and extra hot buffalo sauce.  Yum, Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment