Thursday, December 13, 2012

Campagnola Pasta




         One of my favorite restaurants in Boston is Casa Razdora. This is a little hole in the wall off of Water Street in the Downtown district.  The food at Casa Razdora is absolute authentic Italian.  One of their most popular dishes is pasta with Campagnola sauce.  This sauce is made up of sausage, leeks and mushrooms.  The flavor combinations pair perfectly!  I tried my hand at this lovely dish.  Of course my zucchini pasta made another appearance and I added butternut squash to the sauce to thicken it.
This dish turned out scrumptious and best of all it is 82 calories a serving!  Italian food that you can indulge in!












Servings:  6  Size:  1cup  Calories:  82  Fat:  3.6g  Carbs:  6.4g  Fiber:  1.5g  Protein:  6.4g  Sugar:  2g  Sodium:  316mg

Leeks:                                     Sausage, leeks and mushrooms

How to make the zucchini pasta

butternut squash puree,  used to thicken the sauce.


Ingredients:

  • 2 Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage I use Wholefoods
  • 1/2 cup leeks 1 Leek stalk 
  • 1 cup Squash Butternut  boiled and pureed 
  • 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
  • 3 mushrooms roughly chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 large zucchini shredded
  • 1/2 tsp rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • salt to taste


Get Cooking:
I like to start by preparing my butternut squash.  I peel and dice my squash then boil them until soft.  After the squash is fork tender, drain the water.  Add the squash to a food processor and blend until it resembles baby food.  Set aside.

In a large saucepan heat the olive oil and add the sliced leeks.  Cook the leeks until soft.  I usually add about 1 tbsp of water when the leeks start to stick to the pan.  Continue doing this until they are soft.  After they are cook i like to transfer them to a plate.  In the same pan cook the italian sausage with the casing removed.  Cook the sausage until it is small crumbles.  I usually have to do the 1 tbsp of water trick with the sausage as well.  This allows you to cook the sausage without having it stick to the pan and you do not have to add more oil, saving calories and fat!  After the sausage is cooked add the mushrooms, leeks and garlic.  Cook for an additional 3 minutes.  Add spices squash and broth.  let this simmer until the broth is fully cooked down.

Like I said I put this over zucchini pasta.  To make simple cut the ends off your zucchini and cut the zucchini in half.  lengthwise shred the zucchini on a cheese grater, as pictured.  That is it!  Place your sauce over the zucchini and Yum, Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment