Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Baked Salmon Cakes

Made By: Ryan Noelle     January 29, 2013


     Holy Cow! A whole week has flown by and I have not visited my site!  Sorry to leave everyone hanging.  I unfortunately came down with the big FLU.  Ugh.  This kicked my butt last week!  I hate being sick and worst I did not feel like eating or cooking!  For a couple of days after being sick, the sight or smell of food was still making me nauseous!  But, I'm back and 100%.  There is no time for sickness when the Super bowl is this Sunday!  All this week I will have great healthy without knowing they are healthy recipes for the big football day!

     To start I decided to post my Salmon Cakes recipe.  I love making these!  They are so easy, literally smash all the ingredients in a bowl and mold into a cake and bake.  C'mon so simple.  But they also taste fantastic!  These cakes are full of protein, omegas and low in fat.   These are perfect.  I thought they would be a great snack-itizer to serve during the big game.

     Who is everyone routing for? Ravens or 49ers?!


Healthy Tidbits:  High in Calcium, Niacin, Phosphorus.  Very High in Selenium, Vitamin A & B12.  High in Omega 3 & 6.  High in protein.


Servings:  Size: 1 cake Calories: 166  Fat:  8.4g Carbs: 3.3g  Fiber: 0g  Protein: 18.6g   Sugar:  1.5g  Sodium:  533mg

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Salmon or fresh about 1lb. If using fresh I would steam or bake it until medium before making cakes.  Having it already cooked allows the fish to flake and will help when mixing ingredients.
  • 1 onion
  • 2 tbsp. parsley fresh chopped
  • 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce 
  • 1 tsp. hot sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 2 oz. Extra Sharp white Cheddar 1/4 cup
  • 3/4 cup carrot shredded with water drained. I used a juicer and used the carrot pulp. And then drank the juice :)

Carrots being juiced.  Use the carrot pulp.

Double yolk!! Good luck?



Get Cooking:

In a bowl mix all ingredients together.  The more broken up the salmon is i.e.: no chunks, the better the patties will stick together.  Next, form little cakes of salmon mixture.  After place on parchment paper and freeze for a minimum of 1 hour.  Bake salmon cakes at 375 for 30 minutes.  until browned and heated through.  Enjoy! Yum, Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Goooo Ravens!!!! I will definitely be making these for the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its so easy to bake salmon cakes..Thank you for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! glad you found them so Easy! This is a great go to when you don't know what to make! Thank you for reading and trying the recipe!

      Delete