Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chocolate Flourless Cake

Made By: Ryan Noelle     February 12, 2013

     Here we are 2 days before Valentines Day!  The day of love, romance and everything chocolate!  Inspired by the upcoming Holiday, I have created a chocolate flourless cake.  This is a classic dessert that is oh so rich and decadent!  Just because I have cut out the butter and substituted the white sugar does not mean this cake has lost its essence!  I vow on cupid this will be the same as all the other chocolate flourless cakes that you remember.  I have merely enhanced the health factor of this classic cake.   I hope you enjoy it as much as my sweetie and I do.  <<< Oh man! I am all sorts of lovey dovey right now!! 


     Make this as a Valentine treat for someone special to you, without forgoing the clean eating!  Can you believe each slice has 4 grams of protein!!  This cake is rich so you do not need a large slice when serving just a forewarning.  A little slice of sweetness to cap off your Valentines evening.  Enjoy!

Servings: 8  Size: 1/8 of cake  Calories:  106  Fat:  4.6g  Carbs:  14.5g  Fiber:  2.1g  Protein:  4g  Sugar:  11.9g  Sodium:  184mg

Ingredients:
  • 6 oz 72% dark chocolate, I like to use Trader Joe's Pound plus bar. So 6 squares
  • 6oz. or 3/4 cup,  No Fat Plain Greek Yogurt 
  • 3 eggs room temperature
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar 
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract



Melting the chocolate, double boiler style                                                                                          Mixing the cake

Get Cooking:
First preheat oven to 350.  Create a double boiler I used a pot filled with a little water and placed my ceramic mixing bowl over it.  Melt your chocolate squares.  Once melted add sugar and mix well until sugar starts to dissolve.  Remove from heat.  Now add the greek yogurt, vanilla and salt.  Mix well.  Next, you will add each egg one at a time.  Make sure it is mixed well before adding the next egg.  Lastly add cocoa powder, (I used a sifter so my cocoa had no lumps).  Mix mix mix. In a 6in springform pan sprayed with non stick spray, add the cake mix.  Bake in oven for about 15-25 minutes, depending on the oven.  You want the center to just be done to the touch.  You do not want the cake to overcook it will be dry and not fudgy.   I served mine with blackberries and a dusting of cocoa powder.  Yum, Yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment