Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Homemade Nutella

Made By: Ryan Noelle     February 5, 2013


Man O' Man.  I have had the hardest times whipping up delicious recipes lately.  I guess that is bound to happen every now and then.  Even writers get a block.  Well after many failed recipes this weekend I finally created something yummy!  Just in time for National Nutella Day, I made my very own homemade Nutella!
    I have been wanting Jeff, Hubs, to try Nutella forever now.  So I figured why can't I make my own.  I love making things homemade because you can control what goes in to them.  And, I must say I am enjoying my Nutella! It is a healthier option than the store bought kind.  See \/ \/ \/




   I am going to make up some delicious treats for Valentines Day with this Nutella spread.  I suppose you always could just give away the jar as a lovely present.  I'm sure it would be enjoyed just as much!
Remember 9 days to V-Day!  xoxo



Ingredients:

  • 1 cup skinless nuts: Hazelnuts, almonds, or Marcona almonds
  • 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
  • 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 2 squares of dark chocolate Trader Joes Pound Plus 
  • 2 Tbsp. Organic Coconut sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • You may add 1 tbsp. or more of coconut oil to make it even smoother. I left this out. I don't mind my Nutella thick. :)


Get Cooking:
In a saucepan melt chocolate squares with 1/4 cup of the milk.  Next, Grind nuts in food processor until you have created a butter.  Add the remainder of the ingredients to the processor including your melted chocolate and the other 1/4 cup milk.  Blend Blend Blend until smooth.  Enjoy!  Yum, Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment