Today is my Mama's birthday! So first I want to say Happy Birthday Mama!!!
|From Center going Clockwise: Sista Caitlin, Grandma and Mama. Me and Mama in the Boston Garden. Mama and I in Newburyport. Jeff, Me, George, Mama and sis at Cousin Lisa's Wedding.|
These are the perfect cookie to eat with tea or coffee in the morning. Or to curb your sweet tooth in the evening. I hope you try them and let me know how much you love them! xoxo
|Gobble Gobble Gobble Nom Nom Nom!|
Healthy Tidbits: No Cholesterol, High in Manganese and Phosphorus. Low in Sodium
Serving: 2 dozen Size: 1 cookie Calories: 100 Fat: 8g Carbs: 7.9g Fiber: 1.2g Protein: 2.3g Sugar: 3.4g Sodium: 29mg
- 1/6 cup or 2.5 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/6 cup about 5 medjool dates de pitted and pureed
- 1/6 cup or 2.5 tbsp pineapple pureed in food processor
- 1/6 cup or 2.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/6 cup or 2.5 tbsp. Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 greek plain non fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup blanched almonds ground into flour. Or use almond meal
- 1.5 cups rolled oats ground into flour. For Paleo use Coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tsp honey
Preheat oven to 350.
In a mixing bowl melt butter. Add yogurt, and coconut oil. Next add coconut sugar, orange juice, pineapple juice, pureed pineapple and pureed medjool dates. Mix all of these ingredients.
To the mixing bowl add Baking soda and powder. Add almond and oat flour. Mix Mix
Let dough sit in fridge for about an hour
Roll dough into little balls and flatten slightly on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Cookies will rise and bottom will be browned.
Transfer to a wire rack and drizzle with honey and finely ground walnuts to decorate. Serve up. Yum, Yum!