Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pear Gorgonzola Salad

Made By: Ryan Noelle     April 9, 2013

     Happy Tuesday Loves!  Well this weekend here in Boston was gorgeous!  The sun is shining flowers are blooming that means SPRING is here!!! I can not be more excited!  I don't know what it is when the weather is warm I tend to crave light fresh food.  Well, with that said, this is how this amazing pear salad was created!  


     I started with a lovely spring mix of lettuce leaves: spinach, endive, baby red oak and baby green romaine.  I then added green beans, raisins, walnuts, gorgonzola and of course pear!  For the dressing I wanted something light that would not interfere with the fresh flavors.  I made a honey lemon dressing that complemented the sweet pears and salty gorgonzola. 

    This salad is a MUST try! I think I found a salad I can eat every day, it is that good!  I could see having this at holidays, dinner parties or any day of the week!  I hope you and yours enjoy! xoxo



Healthy Tidbits:  Low Cal, omega fatty acids, Great source of dietary fiber and Vit. C.

Serving:  6  Size:  1/2 cup  Calories:  143  Fat:  9.5g  Carbs:  11.9g  Fiber:  2.8g  Protein:  5.5g  Sugar:  7.6g  Sodium:  188mg*
* not including salt to taste that you add

Ingredients:
  • 2 Spring Mix Salad Blend 
  • 1 pear
  • 1/2 cup gorgonzola
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup green beans
Lemon Honey Dressing
  • 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1.5 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp- 1 tbsp olive oil : it really doesn't need it hahaha if you want less fat! :)  I use about 1.5 tsp
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • 1/4 tsp chopped fresh thyme, dry will also work
  • dash pepper
  • dash salt



Get Cooking:

Wash and dry all fruits and veggies. 

Blanche green beans.  Boil water add green beans cook for 2 minutes.  Drain water.  Add green beans to ice water to cool.  Drain and dry green beans.

Layer Salad leaves, green beans, walnuts, gorgonzola, and raisins.  Add thinly sliced pears on top.  

In a small bowl add salad dressing ingredients and mix mix mix.  

Serve dressing on side or add to salad and toss. 

Yum, Yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment