Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Berry Coconut Cream Chocolate Tarts!

Created By: Ryan Noelle   October 23, 2013



HELLOOOO!!!! I haven't posted all summer!!! Ahhh... I am so embarrassed!  Hopefully you have stuck with me, I apologize sincerely.  Things have been craziness.  Ok a short run down of my summer...


  • I found out I am pregnant! YAY! My Hubs and I's First wee one. ( I am 27 weeks as I write this)
  • I was sick for the first trimester so I didn't cook and I didn't like my usual stuff.  So blogging would have been boring!
  • We moved into a bigger apartment here in Boston. This was a must so our little buggy has a room!
  • Finally we went to Paris for over two weeks!  Oh wow I love that city! I'll post pics soon.
So these are a few reasons why my blog was put on the back burner. But all is calming down.  Well until January when our little bug will be born!



Well for my welcome back I have a real treat today!!! Berry Coconut Cream Chocolate Tarts!!! These are just as good as they look and sound.  They are such an easy dessert I think it takes all of 20 minutes.   Now, if you want a dessert to bring to your upcoming holiday parties this is a recipe you must bookmark! 1. They are easy to make. 2. They look fancy. 3. They taste AMAZING 4. They are healthy, so you can have your cake and eat it too!  That's all I have to say about these.  MAKE THEM! :)



Beautiful Berries


Healthy Tidbits:  Low in Sodium, Cholesterol.  High in Vitamin C! Dairy Free, Gluten Free

Our little boy/girl! We are waiting to be surprised!!!! This is why we have nicknamed the little one Buggy

24 weeks                                       22 weeks                                      20 weeks

27 Weeks!!!!      My before! Inspiration for after Buggy is here!

How far along:  27 weeks Almost 7 months!
Is this your first pregnancy?: Yup!! :D
Do you know the sex of the baby?: Nope we love surprises!
Weight Gained: 12lbs so far
Do you have stretch marks?: Not yet Rubbing coconut oil on my belly 3 times a day.
Have you felt the baby move?: Yup karate kicks!
Workout: Not much this pregnancy.  On days I feel great I try to do prenatal Pilates.  I walk the dogs and that has been the extent of working out.  I thought I would be stronger and doing more.  
How you feeling?:  I feel pretty great right now!  Some days I am more tired and some days I am energized! The energized days I try to workout even if its for 20-30 minutes.  Usually a little walk or elliptical and prenatal Pilates.  I have had some stretching pains and lower back/hip pains.  I have seen a chiropractor and feel great now.  

XOXOXO


Servings: 12  Size: 1 tart  Calories:  200  Fat: 10g Carbs: 21g  Fiber: 2.2g  Protein: 2.7g  Sodium: 24mg  Sugar: 17g (majority is from natural fruit sugars!)


Ingredients:
  • 12 oz or 12 squares of dark chocolate
  • 1 can coconut cream
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 orange
  • 2 cups of mixed berries of your choice.  I used raspberries, strawberries and blueberries

Get Cooking:

Keep coconut cream in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
Once chilled through remove and add to your mixing bowl.  Add Orange zest of half of the orange and the juice from one orange.  Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.  You can add coconut sugar or honey if you would like it sweeter.  Set aside.  I only used about half this whipped cream save the rest in a tupperware for up to a week in the fridge.

Chop up the berries and add the other half of the orange zest.

Melt with a double boiler method the dark chocolate. In a muffin tin use liners, add generous spoonfuls of the melted chocolate.  swirl around with your spoon and bring it up the sides of the muffin liners.  Once all 12 are filled.  Leave some chocolate for the drizzle on top!  Place muffin tin in the freezer for a minimum of 10 minutes.  

Now assemble the tarts.  Add a scoop of the cream to the hardened chocolate.  Next add some berries.  Last Drizzle with the remaining chocolate.  I like to pop them back in fridge until I am leaving for my party or put in the freezer for 10 minutes to set and ENJOY!

I did also make these with lime zest instead of orange and did not use the coconut cream.  I just filled the chocolate tarts with berries.  Both ways are delicious! :)

MMM Coconut Whipped cream infused with orange! So easy to make!




2 comments: